From the IJA!
Today, we hope you will join thousands of other jugglers around the globe in celebrating World Juggling Day (WJD)! There are WJD celebrations happening in more than 44 countries, ranging from solo celebrations in the back yard, to huge festivals with hundreds of attendees.
This year the IJA partnered with Ripley’s Believe It or Not! who will be hosting WJD events at 15 of their international Odditorums. There have been over 20 confirmed media sources that are publicizing the WJD, and are over 75 confirmed organized events that will be happening! This will be one of the biggest World Juggling Days ever…….CELEBRATE!!
Below are outlined some ways that you can celebrate, including becoming a new IJA member for a special WJD rate, participating in the “I <3 IJA” photo project for the chance to win prizes, and submitting video of your celebrations for the 2013 WJD Video Documentary.
- Support the IJA!
Become a NEW member for the special low WJD rate of $19 adults/$14 youth – June 15 & 16!! Why become an IJA member:
- Discounts on juggling props and DVDs.
- eJuggle: members-only articles in the IJA’s electronic magazine.
- Exclusive videos from juggling greats like Gatto, Peden, and Gilligan.
- Exclusive juggling videos from IJA competitions around the world.
- IJA group-rate liability insurance.
- Dues support youth education and global outreach programs.
- Network with professional and amateur jugglers across the globe.
The IJA’s programming is made possible by members like you! Thank You!
Join Today: www.juggle.org/ija
- Be part of the “I <3 IJA” photo project, and be entered in a drawing for awesome prizes. Take a photo of yourself holding an “I <3 IJA” sign, post it to your Facebook wall, tag the IJA Facebook page, and be entered into the drawing. Prizes include:
- A $50 Gift Certificate to Juggling Market
- 7 Flying Clipper juggling balls
- A 2013 World Juggling Day t-shirt
- A free one year IJA membership
Full details and printable signs can be found here.
Sponsors of this project include Flying Clipper and Juggling Market!
Be part of this years’ WJD Video Documentary!
Here are some ideas of video clips you can capture:
- Say “Happy World Juggling Day” in your language
- A Big Toss Up
- Talk about why you learned to juggle, how you learned to juggle, or your favorite thing about the juggling community
- Highlight clips of your event
- Or anything else documenting the day
Instructions for contributing to the WJD video collaboration:
Keep your submission to 90 seconds maximum. If you’re talking, make sure we can hear you clearly! Upload your clip to YouTube as UNLISTED, and send the URL to no later than June 21st. In the e-mail, include your name, the city and country where the event was held, and how many people attended the event.
- Join the IJA Facebook event page to see updates, photos, and videos throughout the day!
Finally, and most importantly – HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!
The goal of World Juggling Day is to spread the joy of juggling around the world, so go enjoy!